Saturday, April 4, 2009

Peru Connection

Wow. My wife writes alot. She loves to tell stories. Mine are a little more succinct. While we went to Peru, we met a Kenyan Anesthesiologist named Zipporah. She lives in Nairobi. We met her at the hotel we are staying at (key summary point about Kenya: the demographic spectrum is the most extreme we have ever seen-people living in houses made of cow poop in the Masai Mara and everywhere else emily went vs. the 5 star accomodations (from US and European standards) in the hotel we spent the day at today before my departure. Feeling Guilty was the theme of the day.

Zipporah took us to dinner (funny enough the same resturant Dr. Newton suggested we dine at during our one free evening). We joined her husband and two children (4 and 6 yo) for dinner (it was Zipporah's birthday). The kids enjoyed the sifari pictures and oddly enough they were fascinated with my beard and arm hair(the youngest loved to touch it), much to the dismay of my wife.

Em's mom is on a plane bound for Kenya today, Gerald (the SP driver-all of 24yo-but thinks we as a couple are young as he has never seen such a young doctor come here) is picking us up at 20:15 ( 3 hours away). So Em and I are going to dinner and saying goodbye for the next two weeks.

So no more blog activity from us today. I'm taking the computer to aid with board prep, so I'll blog some when I return. Em has a local cell phone with local and international service, some newly acquired money, and the knife stocksick gave me as a groomsmans gift (for protection). With Gerald, Dr. Newton, Sue, and the rest of our new friends watching over her, she'll be fine. Better than working in Nashville studying for oral boards.

Em is lobbying for some blog time and telling me what to write now. She wants me to add that she may have the ability to blog when she is on her second safari with her mom the latter part of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment