Tuesday, April 7, 2009

State-Side


So I'm back. A could outline in excrutiating detail the trip, from Niarobi to London, then onto Chicago and Nashville...(and the hardest thing in my short married life-leaving your wife in a foreign country with no knowledge of her reunion with her mother and with a 24yo guy that you just met (although he was comforting). Babel (the movie) was going through my mind. So long story short, the sattelite air-phone was a nice option, so I exercised it. Cost: 15 dollars a minute. Hearing your wife's voice and confirming her well being with her mother: priceless.


Fun point of travel: despite alerting B of A of our overseas travel plans, they still locked my debit card. AND AT&T wont allow international calling capabilities unitl your contract is at least 6month of age...(mine was 5mo-so I made sure it was working when I return).


I called Paul (Em's dad and Dianne's husband) and gave him the update. Em and I talk every morning (got up at 04:00 this morning-trending in the right direction). She and her mom are doing great (I will say only this: 2 attractive blond women in a orphanage with 32 children-most of them having never seen someone of their genetic make-up-and the accomodations are not what they were anywhere we stayed before). I'll let her blog when she can...


Working yesterday all day till 18:30 wasn't fun. Missed the NCAA Championship Game (slept through it).


And I am posting a picture...now that we are wireless again...

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are home safe and sound. I have been, and will continue to, pray for this awesome adventure of yours and Emily's.

    Hopefully pictures will follow upon her return!

    Take care!

    Rachel Hovland

    ReplyDelete